- Published on Friday, 30 May 2014 09:59 30 May 2014
- Written by julie julie
People have written asking for my advice on blogging. Here are a few thoughts:
1. Blog about something you love
2. Be sure you have enough thoughts that you can blog consistently.
3. If you have a web-master, make sure he/she knows what you want from your blog. Do you just want to blog or are you looking to grow readership? Do you want to have space on your page to grow advertising for revenue? Do you want people to be able to subscribe? (I totally missed that part.) Make sure you have a template which allows you to answer someone if you want to. My template does not allow for that. I didn't know that from the outset or I would have asked for a different layout.
4. If you want to grow readership, consider how you will gain viewers - other social media perhaps. How will you initiate that?
5. If you want to contact someone regarding their blog, make sure you put in a valid email address. Some people have very kindly asked me for advice, but some of their emails bounce. This may indicate mechanical crawlers who look through the web for vulnerable sites to hack, or it could be carelessness. There truly are spy crawlers (I can't remember what they're called) which go looking and send fake emails. You may want to have capcha to filter those.
6. Let me know how it goes!